Objectives of the Scheme:
- To make available low input technology poultry stocks to states.
- To take up development of duck, Turkey, Japanese quail and Guinea fowl under diversification programme.
- To strengthen feed quality monitoring wing.
- Adoption of villages.
- Random poultry performance testing.
- Parent Stock
- Meat type - 1.25 lakh
- Egg type - 2.25 lakh
- Ducklings - 5 lakh
- Feed Samples Analysis – 10000
- Person Trained – 5000
- Com. Chicks – 40.00 lakh
- Chick Hatching Egg – 15.00 lakh
- Duck Hatching Egg – 3.75 lakh
- J.quail/G.fowl/turkey – 5.00 lakh
- Random Sample Test
- Layer Tests – 5
- Broiler Tests – 5
Implementing Agencies: This is an organization of Government of India.
Target Group/Beneficiaries: Rural backyard poultry farmers and State farms.
Pattern of Assistance/Funding: 100% Centrally assisted.
Year when the Scheme Started: 4th Five Year Plan.
|Year||Outlay (Rs In lakhs)|
Eligibility conditions: State poultry farms dealing with rural poultry are eligible.
Physical targets (10th Plan):
For further details contact:
Joint Commissioner (Poultry),
Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries,
Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
Tele. 2338 6035