Objectives: The scheme aims to, in case of cattle and buffalo, fulfill the following objectives:-
- Identification and location of superior germ plasm.
- Using this data for producing superior germ plasm.
- Preservation of indigenous germ plasm.
- Milk recording of cattle and buffaloes as the first step for improving dairy cattle milk production.
- CHRS Unit Rohtak in Haryana
- CHRS Unit Ahmedabad in Gujarat
- CHRS Unit Ajmer in Rajasthan
- CHRS Unit Ongole in Andhra Pradesh
Target Group/Beneficiaries: The primary aim is to identify elite germ plasm for further improvement in milk production. Indigenous breeds covered at present are Gir, Kankrej, Hariana, Ongole of cattle and Murrah, Jaffrabadi, Surti and Mehsani of buffaloes. Under the scheme incentives for rearing of elite cows, buffaloes and their male calves is given to the owners of the elite animals.
Funding pattern: 100% Central Grant.
Targets and Achievements:
|Year||Allocation||Expenditure (Rs in lakhs)|
|2005-06||212||92.52 (up to Aug.2005)|
|2005-06(up to August,05)||716||633||708||2390|
For further details please contact:
- Assistant Registrar, Central Herd Registration Scheme, H. No. 58-15-7 Raghvachari Street, Santhapeta, Ongole–523001 (AP) (Tel. 08592–232049).
- Assistant Registrar, Central Herd Registration Scheme, C/o Poultry Training Centre, Animal Husbandry Complex, Shastri Nagar, Ajmer-305 006, Rajasthan (Tel. 0145–2427113).
- Deputy Registrar, Central Herd Registration Scheme, 437-A/30, Dev Colony, Delhi Road, Rohtak-124001, Haryana (Tel. 951262 294246).
- Deputy Registrar, Central Herd Registration Scheme, 2nd Floor, Vishwanath Bhawan, Near Sanjay Ashram, Elis Bridge, Opp. Town Hall, Ahmedabad-380 006, Gujarat (Tel. 079–26577424).