Objectives of the Scheme:
- Modernization of Slaughter Houses:
- To supply hygienic meat for domestic and export market.
- To reduce environmental pollution.
- To reduce bird-hit menace to air-crafts.
- Establishment of Carcass Utilization Centre:
- To fully utilize animal by-products of fallen animals and waste from slaughter houses.
- To reduce environmental Pollution.
Implementing Agency: State Governments/Directorates of Animal Husbandry/Municipal Corporations/Local Bodies/Livestock Corporations.
Target Group/Beneficiaries: It is not a beneficiary oriented scheme.
Pattern of Financial Assistance:
- Modernization of Slaughter houses 50% of the project cost from GOI and 50% from the State.
- Establishment of Carcass Utilization Centers 100% grants-in-aid to meet capital expenditure for building, plant & machinery and effluent treatment plant. Only 50% grant is provided for electricity, water fencing boundary, essential housing, etc. by the GOI and remaining from State Govt.
Year when the scheme started: 1988-89
|Year||Outlay (Rs In lakhs)|
Eligibility Conditions: For Modernization of Slaughter houses and Establishment of Carcass utilization plants by State Government/Corporation/Municipal Corporations, etc. But this Scheme has been approved till 2003-04 and no new projects are being considered w.e.f. 2002-03.
Physical Targets: As this scheme is development oriented, no physical targets have been set.
Procedure for applying: Not applicable as this Scheme is approved only till 2003-04 and no new projects are being considered w.e.f. 2002-03.
Achievements: 5 projects under modernization of slaughter-houses and 13 projects under establishment of carcass utilization plants have been completed.
For Further details contact
Assistant Commissioner, I/c Meat Unit,
Room No. 406, B-Wing, Shastri Bhawan,