Animal Husbandry Statistics
Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries
Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India
Animal Husbandry Statistics
The Animal Husbandry Statistics Division of the Department conducts IntegratedSample Surveys to estimate productions of major livestock products viz. milk, egg,meat and wool. It also collects ot her livest ock stat istics through interaction withState Governments and other Central departments/organizations concerned withdevelopment of the Livestock Sector. Major Livest ock products like milk, eggs, meat& wool are estimated on the basis of sample surveys being conducted throughoutthe year under the Central Scheme “Int egrated Sample Survey for the Estimation ofmajor Livestock Products”. All the States and Union Territories are implementing thescheme. Surveys are done throughout India and round the year, whereas data arecollected generally by camping in the sampled villages. Three stage stratifiedrandom sampling is adopted to find the annual estimates of livestock production ofmajor livestock products after building it on seasonal basis. These are published inthe consolidated annual report of the sample survey prepared by the St ates/ UTs. Atnational level Statewise annual estimates are published in the biennial publicationknown as "Basic Animal Husbandry Statistics" or through department's website afterit has been approved by the expert committee "Technical Commit tee for Directionfor Improvement of Animal Husbandry and Dairying Statistics" (TCD). The TCDstreamlines animal husbandry statistics, identifies shortcomings and approvesvarious measures which could bring improvement in the livestock statistics byholding its periodical meetings in various part of t he country. The Committee isjointly headed by Adviser (Statistics), Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying&Fisheries and Director of Indian Agricultural Statist ical Research Institute (IASRI).Secretary of the Department and Animal Husbandry Commissioner are mainobservers and guiding force of the committee, who keep a close watch on thefunctioning the committee. The members of the TCD committee are heads ofselected Statistical Organizat ions / Departments at the Centre and States, and theDirectors of Animal Husbandry of all the States and Union Territories.
ThisCommittee also reviews progress of implementation of the scheme of IntegratedSample Survey for the estimation of major livestock product s besides approving the estimates of production of milk, egg, wool and meat. The approved estimates oflivestock production and other related statistics are published in the biennialpublication known as "Basic Animal Husbandry Statistics". The latest published issueof the publication is of the year 2012 containing the data up to 2010-11.
Minutes of Meeting and TCD Meeting
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF DIRECTION FOR IMPROVEMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND DAIRYING STATISTICS HELD DURING DECEMBER 08-09, 2008 AT TIRUPATI
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF DIRECTION FOR IMPROVEMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND DAIRYING STATISTICS DURING 11-12 OCTOBER 2007 AT SHILLONG
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF DIRECTION FOR IMPROVEMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND DAIRYING STATISTICS HELD DURING OCTOBER 05-06, 2006 AT PUNE
- MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF DIRECTION FOR IMPROVEMENT OFANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND DAIRYING STATISTICS UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF SHRI S.K. DAS,DIRECTOR GENERAL, CENTRAL STATISTICAL ORGANISATION HELD DURING 18-19th DECEMBER, 2009 AT BHUBANESHWAR, ORISSA.
- MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS OF THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE OF DIRECTION FOR IMPROVEMENT OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY AND DAIRYING STATISTICS (TCD) AND FOLLOW UP GROUP MEETING UNDER THE CHAIRMANSHIP OF SHRI S.K. DAS, DIRECTOR GENERAL, CENTRAL STATISTICS OFFICE (CSO) HELD DURING 22nd -23rd SEPTEMBER, 2011 AT GANDHINAGAR, GUJARAT AND ON 12TH DECEMBER 2011 AT NEW DELHI RESPECTIVELY.
- TCD-2012 MINUTES New Delhi
- TCD-2013 Minutes Amritsar
- TCD 2014 MINUTES AT PUNE, MAHARAHSTRA